Must be at least 16 years of age. Signature approval on liability waiver by parent/legal guardian if under the age of 18.
Expectations of Ride-Alongs
- Officers from other agencies are allowed to be armed during the ride along.
- The ride along should be dressed in attire that reflects the professional standards of the Neenah Police Department. If the ride along is dressed inappropriately, they will be asked to reschedule. Clothing not permitted on the ride along is as follows:
- Tops without sleeves or that reveal any midriff or cleavage
- Shorts or skirts
- Baseball hats
- Gang associated attire
- Blue jeans
- Facial jewelry must be removed and tattoos must be covered.
- When requested by the ride along officer, the ride along will immediately get out of the squad. Arrangements will be made by the officer to get the ride along back to the station as soon as possible.
- Ride alongs are not to converse or interact with any subjects without the approval of the officer.
- RIde alongs are not to touch any equipment in the vehicle unless given specific permission.
- Use of tabacco products is prohibited.
- Foul language is prohibited.
- The ride along may be delayed, postponed or cancelled without any prior notice.
The citizens of Neenah have a right to privacy. Any and all information pertaining to police records, police stop or other priviledge material is to be kept strictly confidential. The release of criminal information to the public could conceivably be considered a felony.